In 1906, the engineer Curt von Grueber established a company for the design and sale of Kent mills in Berlin. Curt von Grueber Technisches Bureau – the forerunner of Loesche GmbH – quickly became one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of cement and phosphate mills. In 1912, the company began manufacturing its products in its own manufacturing facility, initially in Berlin-Hohenschönhausen and later in Berlin-Teltow. Its range of products included Maxecon mills, Hauenschild rotary grate kilns, and all kinds of machinery for cement production, including crushers and screw conveyors. Ernst Curt Loesche joined the company as a young engineer in July 1912. He soon worked his way up through the ranks to a management position and became a partner in the company in 1919.